Sunday 20 December 2015

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

so the song goes, and how true.  Lots of being spoilt this end -

I received this most beautiful snowman decoration from my lovely friend Barb, even though she had already spoilt me with lovely gifts.  Thankyou so much Barb. I just love it.

And for our Friend Having Fun swap group of friends we were to send 12 gifts to our partner - one to be opened each day for the 12 days leading up until Christmas.  My partner was Fiona from Bubzrugz blog, and these are the lovely gifts I have been receiving from her -
Day 1 was some lovely xmas cards, Day 2 the cutest chook made from selvedges and a gorgeous snowman decoration, and Day 3 this beautiful and handy bottle bag and cutest Hatched and Patched notebook. 

And in the last couple of days I've opened some more -
Days 4, 5 and 6 included not one, but two thread catchers - one will fit nicely in my sewing bag and a gorgeous little scissor keep. Then next were some lovely xmas serviettes (Fiona must have known I hadn't got around to buying any) and some xmas scatters.  And Day 6 was a very handy board to hold blocks, the cutest purse and the most beautiful cross stitched bookmark.  Thankyou so much Fiona.  I am loving all my gorgeous gifts and it's such fun to have one to open each day.

A couple of days ago we also had my work Christmas party.  We do a handmade Kris Kringle and I just had to show you what I received -

This most beautiful swag - there is actually 6 flags to it, but I could not take a good enough photo of all of them to do it justice, so went with a close of three of them.  Just beautiful - I was thrilled to bits.

Now I was so excited to have my finished that I wrapped it up before taking a photo, but I made a Lynette Anderson xmas cushion similar to what I had made for Barb in our one on one swap. Just slightly different fabrics than I used in Barbs -
Now I should be able to show you some of the secret sewing I've been working on over the last couple of months next time. Cheryl

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,wow so exciting reading your blog with all your wonderful goodies,oh I love the bunting it's gorgeous and so is the lovely cushion you made,hope you have a lovely week my friend xx

Michelle said...

amazing gifts!!!! Love this time of season!!!

Jo said...

Oh wow. What a great range of gifts.myour table decorations are nearly all done then. Lovely

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful gifts Cheryl....very cute ornie trom Barb....exciting to se everyone's secret sewing x

Anthea said...

very lovely array of gifts there Cheryl... Fiona's thread catchers are a bit more posh than the Glad snap lock bags I use most of the time!

Cheryll said...

ooHHH so much gorgeous-ness for Christmas.
HoHoHo

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lots of lovelies there x

Karen S said...

Wonderful gifts - love the swag!
And well done finishing the cushion.