Tuesday 10 March 2015

A New Pincushion and SAL Progress

My lovely friend Karen from Brisbane, whom I will finally get to meet in April, sent me a lovely surprise parcel in the mail last week - she is very naughty for spoiling me for no reason, but I was thrilled when I opened it.

How gorgeous is my new Easter bunny pincushion - he is the cutest. Karen knows I love pincushions and I think she has contributed four to my lovely collection in the background.

There was more in my gorgeous parcel - her and I share a love of Christmas. In fact our tastes are very similar in lots of things.  Karen also sent me a lovely set of Lynette Anderson stitcheries called "Magical Christmas"   But I will show you them next time as I'm busy tracing them all at the moment.  Thankyou dear friend for my gorgeous surprise parcel - which I just LOVED. you know me too well.

I have also joined in with Terry of Terry's Treasures blog for a SAL "Snowballs and Nine Patches", though I have to admit to lagging a bit behind -

I have been raiding my stash as I decided a scrappy look was what I wanted, so I've been cutting lots of 2-1/2 in strips. This has been the slow part and now that I have lots cut and sewn together, I hope to catch up a bit.
My nine patches are coming together.  Now to get moving on the snowball blocks.

Cheryl

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl wow you sure have been spoilt ,love your new pin cushion it very cute. Your blocks look fantastic,well done my friend.xx

Terry said...

Very nice...I love the background fabric you're using! :0)

Jeanette said...

Love the pincushion. I'm way behind than you Cheryl with the SAl. I haven't even managed to get started. Hopefully soon. :) Hugs,xx

kiwikid said...

Love the pincushion...how nice to get a surprise in the post!! Your blocks look great, I am sure you will catch up in no time!
xx

Fiona said...

how sweet is that pincushion.... I am going very slowly with my snowballs .... I have cut my squares though!!!

Hugz

Christine M said...

What a gorgeous pin cushion. A lovely addition to your collection, Cheryl.

marina said...

very cute pincushion Cheryl,
great progress on your sal blocks. some lovely fabrics there..

Kim said...

Lovely gifts.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the blocks and that pin cushion is so cute xx

Cheryll said...

Your pin cushion is sooo FuN! What a lovely friend!

Anthea said...

Oh I love that new pincushion Cheryl.. lovely gifts received, enjoy!

Karen S said...

Your gifts are gorgeous and they are a lovely surprise.
Those 9 patches are looking good!

Wendy said...

Cute little pincushion and I'm loving the colours of your blocks!

Unknown said...

Lucky you, that pin cushion is super cute