Monday 2 December 2013

I've Been Shopping

We spent the weekend celebrating my eldest granddaughter's 7th birthday, along with seven other very energetic 7 y.o.  On the way home we went via Maldon to The Christmas Shop, which may or may not have been slightly out of way lol.  And those of you who know me well would know that I would not leave there empty handed.  Want to see what I bought -

I love snow globes and have a dozen or more. Hard to see but it has a little village with a train that goes around.
And of course had to add some more to my collection of Jim Shore. Had the little white snowman on the left, but added the little colorful one and this gorgeous Santa - can you see the string he's holding in his hands with the toys hanging off.
Must admit to buying this because I knew my granddaughters would love it - the village in the background scene lights up and plays music. And, yes another snow glove with the most beautiful tree.

Look what arrived today - all these wonderful looking gifts from my Secret Santa, Dagmar from Germany in Chooky's SSCS. How spoilt am I? Counting down the days until I can open them. Thankyou so much Dagmar.

And this was the most beautiful decoration she sent me - it's not as small as it looks in my photo - about 25 cm tall. Think Dagmar has been doing some digging to know how much I love snowmen.  Isn't he gorgeous.

Back soon. Cheryl

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh boy you have had fun shopping Cheryl ,love them all and awesome chooky's swap has arrived,love the decoration,this swap is so much fun.xx

Fiona said...

some beautiful additions to your Christmas decorations....
Hugz

gracie said...

Wonderful new decorations and SSCS package.

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

I am glad my gifts arrived safely :-) Hope you like them once they are opened!

Your Christmas decorations are gorgeous! I also LOVE Jim Shore!!!

barb's creations said...

Lovely new Christmas decorations, I too love Jim Shore Christmas figurines :) Barb.

KERYN B said...

We'll done Cheryl you can never have enough Jim in the house! Glad you had a great weekend with a gran baby fix! Xx k

Susan said...

Beautiful new decorations Cheryl, lovely to enjoy them with your grandchildren. The SSCS presents are very exciting. No peeking.

Christine M said...

So many beautiful Christmas items to add to your collection Cheryl. Everything is gorgeous.

Michelle Ridgway said...

YOU! Christmas Shopping! Never! LOL!
Gorgeous new additions Cheryl. I fell into that shop into Maldon too when we were down that way....lovely!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nice shopping!!!!! your SSCS deco is gorgeous...

Chookyblue...... said...

keep those SSCS parcels safe..........lovely decorations........

Nicky said...

Beautiful ornament shopping Cheryl. I know how it feels to be spoilt with SSCS surprises.... :-) .... enjoy yours!

Cheryll said...

WOW... Mr Snowman looks perfect! This was a great swap! :)

FloS said...

I love Jim Shore decorations too !!
You got some more lovely gifts !
Florence