Saturday 25 May 2013

One Christmas Item a Month

A favorite time of the month - I am joining with Narelle at Pins and Whiskers for

Think everyone would know by now that I LOVE snowmen. This little guy was in a Country Threads magazine a while back - I did search for the No of the mag to give you, but it is amongst a huge pile of mags I have earmarked with projects lol.
I used one of the Cottage Garden threads "Running Postman".
I also finished May's project in Chooky's stitchalong -
The bag from Anni's book "Some Kind of Wonderful". I have changed it just ever so slightly - I've added the brown fabric I chose for the lining into the side gussets as well to give it a splash of color, and omitted the binding from around the top of the bag.

Making very slow progress on North Pole and Girls Day Out, but will show you what little progress I have made during the week. Enjoy your weekend. Cheryl



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow love your snowmen Cheryl and that bag is so cute,well done.xx

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Lovely stitching,I love snowmen too.x

Wendy said...

Lovely finishes Cheryl, your snowman hanging is so cute and I love your bag. I like the colour on the side. xx

Cheryll said...

Snowman sewing is always FuN! Love this piece...
And I was thinking of doing the same with my gusset as yours looks so good! :)

Christine M said...

That is such a cute stitchery Cheryl Love the bag too.

Fiona said...

how cute is that snowman stitchery... I seem to have loads of magazines with pages marked too!!!
Love your bag - great touch with the colourful gusset...
Hugz

barb's creations said...

Love the snowman stitchery, but then I love anything to do with Christmas :)
Your bag has turned out beautifully, nice touch with the gusset fabric :) Barb.

Deb R said...

Everyone loves a snowman!!! Your bag is lovely, always nice to make little changes and make it your own!

marina said...

gorgeous christmas finish! love how the border fabric finishes the stitchery piece off perfectly.
your bag looks great too. I like the coloured gusset too.

Susan said...

Lovely stitching. Running Postman is one of my favourite Christmas threads too.

Noela said...

Lovely SKOW bag and gorgeous snowman. Lots of great things to make in past magazines. I have been going through the Xmas ones too. Hugs.....

Michell said...

Lovely Stitching

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Cute stitchery and I love your version of the stitch-along bag. hugs

Narelle said...

Snowmen are always so adorable :o)
Thankyou for sharing. I've added your finish to the 1 Xmas page.