Wednesday 21 November 2012

My Second Class this Week

How lucky am I?  Two lovely classes in one week. This one I had been looking forward to for some time, and was one I organised for the shop where I work. Our wonderful tutor today was Natalie Bird from The Birdhouse - a gorgeous, generous lady and an amazing designer and teacher.  I didn't want the day to end.  Here's our group - many of them holding their finished project (not me alas).

A display of Natalie's beautiful work.

Our project was a beautiful zippered sewing purse big enough to hold fabric scissors, rotary cutter, etc and a pincushion to match.  Now I am not one for zips but Natalie's method was easy peasy.

My stitchery front is nearly done.

Of course, it goes without saying I had to purchase a couple of Natalie's new patterns - thought they would make great gifts. Stitch n' Chat is a small zippered purse big enough to hold needles, thread and a small pair of embroidery scissors. Good value as this pattern also includes a very cute drawstring bag to hold your coffee mug. The other pattern is holder for all those necessary sewing bits and pieces and folds into three to purse size. 

Catch you soon. Cheryl

5 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lucky girls, Natalie is a lovely lass and definitely one of our very talented Aussie designers.

Maria said...

Natalie certainly designs some beautiful things...what a wonderful day for you!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

How lucky are you....looks like a fantastic day...

Wendy said...

Looks like you've had a wonderful time lately, I love all the projects you are working on.

Chookyblue...... said...

lucky you to get to 2 workshops.......that would be wonderful....